Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cowboy Bruschetta

COWBOY BRUSCHETTA



What do you do when you only have a $1 can of diced tomatoes and a $2 can of biscuits? Make Cowboy Bruschetta!

This is my take on the traditional bruschetta. Instead of using baguette, I am going to use biscuits, a staple of the southern American diet. This reason for the substitution is because I don't typically have baguettes laying around the house, but I do have biscuits. Why run to the grocery store to spend $3 on a baguette and another $3 in gas when I could make bruschetta without leaving the house?

What you will need:

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can fridge biscuits
2tsp chopped basil
1tsp olive oil
1tsp chopped garlic
1 spritz balsamic vinegar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Salt-N-Peppa

When tomatoes are drained of water, combine it with the rest of the ingredients. Now I'm actually allergic to garlic, but it is absolutely critical in this recipe as it really brings out the "freshness" of the tomatoes.

Take out the cooked biscuits, cut in half, and toast the bottom halves. Spoon tomato mixture onto biscuit. Bon apetit.

Cost: $0.50/serving of 1 piece
Total Servings: 6

No comments: