Tuesday, February 17, 2009

DAY 14 - CHEESY CHICKEN AND RICE

CHEESY CHICKEN AND RICE



This is my style of comfort food. I believe it's a Marie Callendar's dish of this kind that I first had.

Ingredients
1 cup rice
2 cups chicken broth
8oz chicken
1tbsp butter
1 cup shredded cheese

1. Season the chicken on both sides liberally with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken and dice.
2. Brown the rice in the butter over a hot pan. Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer covered for 15 minutes. Add the chicken and cook another 5 minutes. The rice should be tender and there should still be a bit of liquid in the pan. If not, add some stock. Then take off heat and fold in cheese.

Well that's it! That's the end of my 14 days of cooking! It was going to be 30 days but I've had to change my diet for an upcoming "spring break" trip!

No comments: